Sunday, October 11, 2009

The rest of us...

Asher and Remi are doing well so far. They have been well taken care of by Marci, Aunt Sandy and Pop (my Dad). Pop flew back from Chicago on Thursday and came right to us. He took care of the kids all weekend while Evan and I shuttled back and forth to the hospital meeting with the different doctors. Pop went home tonight. Grammie (my mom) is going to come back from Chicago hopefully on Tuesday and will stay with us. Grandma (Evan's mom) is in Italy for 2 weeks so she does not yet know what is going on.

We so appreciated the meals that were sent in by the preschool teachers and my colleagues at Beth Sholom. We all ate very well this weekend (including Jacob).

Evan and I are tired but are holding up. We are focusing on keeping the kids schedule as normal as possible. I have been sleeping at the hospital while Evan is at home for the others.

Jacob is bored - he has been watching a lot of TV and playing lots of board games. Today was the first day he actually asked for some toys to play with and I was able to borrow some from the Child Life Department here (they are amazing). We have also been doing some art projects when he has the energy. Since he's not allowed out of the room, we spend a lot of time looking out the window - especially at the trains that go by.

A lot of you have asked what you can do for us. We appreciate new (they can be used) books as we are sick of the ones we keep reading over and over. Today I brought him 2 new books and he made me read both of them twice before bed.

We would like to set up some playdates for Asher and Remi for after school this week 3:30 - 5:00.

Does anyone have a laptop that we can borrow that I can use in the hospital? It would need to have internet access.

We know a lot of you have been asking about sending in meals. I think someone is going to organize some meals. I'll let you know when we get more info.

If you want to follow this blog we are going to try to update it whenever we know things. You should click the Follow This Blog button and you will be notified when we make an update.

Most of all - we need everyone to send good vibes for Jacob. For those of you who were asking, Jacob's Hebrew name is Meir ben Penina.

We appreciate all of your support and hope that we'll be writing with good news soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys- hang in there. xo,Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! i just read the blog. Rhematology is a good consult. Other thoughts (I'm sure that were thought of) are JRA (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis), HSP (henoch Schonlein purpura) but the rash is usually classic. Better to treat for Kawasaki and avoid coronary issues. I will keep myself updated on the blog. Does Shiela know yet?
    Any specific books that you need?
    I hope he does OK.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete